Lupus in Fabula review
Published & copyrighted by Spitoufs
Webs-spider.com is not an official representative or the developer of this application. Copyrighted materials belong to their respective owners
Lupus in Fabula is an adventure game with lite puzzle elements set in medieval/Renaissance world.
The game follows two characters, controlled one at a time, caught in Flemish Renaissance mixed with glitched medieval times as a result of failed magickal transport.
Now the unfortunate duo must escape a series of dungeons while being threatened by ungainly bestiary populating the world around them. At all times they are under scrutiny by an alien duo, one with likeness of a French Philosopher Voltaire and the other as Venetian Renaissance painter Tiziano, besides a common Raven, who appears to take great interest into the plight of the Hero and his friend.
The game has a total of 21 levels, the first twenty being self sufficient dungeons of various lengths.
The final level takes place in a village possessed by the 'evil shaggy one', where the whole story comes to a final wrap.
The story, characters and places are heavily influenced with everything from images of 'Lost in Space', 'Black Adder' or 'Monty Python' to words from the likes of 'Gargantua & Pentagruel' & 'Decameron' and strokes from painters like Pieter Brueghel, Van Eyck coupled with medieval superstitions, scriptural references and bestiary catalogs.
- 21 levels with maps tailored to suit different puzzles and characters
- Graphically crafted to pay homage to 'olde masters'
- Non punishing approach to solve puzzles (not much of 'use everything on anything' until it works)
- Array of weird, different places and characters to meet
- Continuous story which envelops the puzzles for the final event
- Ambient sound and music to add to that ghastly 'dark ages' feel :D
- Additionally, 15 nifty renaissance achievements to peruse
500 MB available space